View Single Post
Old March 19, 2012   #10
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

For every product that's not organic you'll find two kinds of links for infomation. One is from those who are strongly organic in everything they use and the other kinds of links are for folks who are not, or partially organic.

The same situation obtains with Daconil ( chlorothalonil) and many other products.

So you can find any kind of information you want to both pro and anti any product.

Yes, I've looked at the MSDA sheets, go to EXTOXNET for more, EXTOXNET is a great site that's the collaboration of several Universities that gives unbiased information about many products.

As for me, I do not condemn a product based on whether it's organic or not. What I'm concerned with is toxicity to humans, pets, the environment in general, etc.. Rotenone, for instance, which is organic, has greater toxicity to the environment than does Daconil.

Water can be toxic to humans if too much is taken, usually one sees that in the papers following hazing of fraternity pledges where brain damage occurs. Salt, NACL, can be toxic as well.

Summary; define what your own personal philosophy is with regard to organic vs inorganic, but don't condemn others for using a product that you wouldn't use. And don't climb on the bandwagons of those who are agenda bound. Do your own research and if you have a scientific background it really does help to be able to interpret some of the papers that report results of this or that.

http://extoxnet.orst.edu/