Thread: Black Russian?
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2007   #6
Granny
Tomatovillian™ Honoree

Thanks Carolyn & Craig. I did look the variety up on the T&M website and on the internet in general. Y'all are just so much better at telling me that I have not lost my marbles as I look at two little bitty 'maters who are both supposed to be the same but clearly are not. Now I wonder if I got Black Russians at all - and what they might really be.

Carolyn, you mention "diseased." I don't like that word. Do you think that it is safe to grow out the few remaining "Black Russians" ? What is left appears to be doing well, just in miniature with variable leaf forms. I really don't want to contaminate all the rest though.

Craig, don't I know what you mean about the kid down the street. My little kitties had a field day with the markers in the pepper trays early on. Now I have 80ish "peppers" that are pretty indistinguisable from one another. Who knew kitties like to garden? Or sleep with their heads pillowed on the flats? August should bring surprises my way though. Next year I will double and triple label everything and then draw a map!

Granny
Granny is offline   Reply With Quote