View Single Post
Old October 26, 2011   #60
moon1234
Tomatovillian™

I have never had a problem with irrigation mart. I do spend around $800 a year with them though. Still don't think that is very much.

Every University trial I have seen says the reflective much does nothing to repel any bugs. Waste of money, environmentally irresponsible and the reflections ohh my.

I install my injector right after the valve and before the screen filter. It would be the High Pressure side. Toro has their own idea. Both are valid. I fertigate everything at the same rate so it doesn't matter to me.

Clear tubing is fine to use. Many water soluable fertilizers don't have a colorant. The stuff I use is just white. I just look in the tank if I need to. When I did use colored fert I could see it in the clear tube.

The settings on the injector control mix ratio. 3000:1, 5000:1, 1000:1. This means 3000 gallons of water to 1 gallon of fertilizer mix, etc. Each fertilizer has a maximum amount that can be dissolved in water at any one point.

Have you ever poured salt into water? It will keep dissolving until eventually no more salt will dissolve. Then the salt just sits on the bottom of the glass until more water is added, then more salt will dissolve. The same is true with fertilizer and this is how the ez-flo works. It keeps adding water to the tank and sucking the concentrate off the bottom of the tank.

For your purpose you just want to get it out there as quickly as possible so you set it on the fast rate. There is a chart for the ez-flo to help you get an idea of the flo rate, etc.

http://www.ezfloinjection.com/3-9.asp

How it works:
http://www.ezfloinjection.com/2-4.asp

Fert only gets hard in the bag when exposed to moisture. I usually dump a half to a whole bag in the tank at once so it is less of an issue for me. Clumping seems to happen more with crystalized vs prilled fertilizer. Prilled looks like little BBs. It dissolves slower, but has less clumping and dust issues. I prefer prilled.
moon1234 is offline   Reply With Quote