View Single Post
Old May 6, 2016   #1
Merediana
Tomatovillian™

Default A newbies second season - 2016

Hey I just wanted to share a few pictures and stories about my plants with you Last year was the first season I was growing something, before that I wasn't interested in plants at all and my whole family was never into gardening either. I'm a university student so everything has to be kind of low budget... Oh and I'm constantly fighting with my parents about how much space of our garden I'm allowed to use for my "ugly veggies", that's why I have to stick to container gardening except for a small spot that I'm mostly using for squash.

Baby picture of my seedlings:

Usually people here don't grow their tomatoes under growing lights, they have them just behind their window, but this year I wanted a headstart.

Well, today they might be a bit to tall We are still not save from frost or at least not save from low night temperatures. The usual plant out date is mid may, but there can be frost in early june too.

But for the next 7-8 days night temperatures won't go below 9-10°C so today I decided to put all my tomatoes in 12l buckets. They are small enough so that I can carry them in if the temperatures will go down...
Later in the season they'll need much more support but these bamboo sticks will be fine for a few weeks.

Kellog's Breakfast

Orange Russian (there was no 117 added to the name but I think that was just a mistake?)

Trefle du Togo

Barry's Crazy Cherry

Old Yellow Candystripe

Amethyst Cream Cherry

Striped Cavern

Northern Lights

Cuor di Bue giant reif red

Kremser Perde (semi-det.)

Henderson's Pink Ponderosa

Candy Sweet Icicle

Michael Pollan

A very bad looking White Oxheart

And these are my Red Currants, I wanted to put them into haning baskets but I obviously bought too cheap baskets and the weight of the soil broke the basket, everything felt down and it killed one plant

Beside that I'm growing 2 eggplants and 4 peppers. Sadly one of the peppers is not what I bought It shold have been a White Fatalii but it is obviously not...

Someone knows what it is?

Oh and this cute tiny eggplant is really growing fast:
Merediana is offline   Reply With Quote