View Single Post
Old April 20, 2013   #13
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath View Post
Carolyn, I think I've only heard descriptions about the size of the mini-beefsteak form. What how big is the cherry version? I'm looking for something that is only "one bite" size, like Sungold.

kath
http://t.tatianastomatobase.com./wik...b=General_Info

Kath, the variety Kazachka was sent to me by Andrey in 09 and when I first grew it out, b'c I did have two plants here at home, I found , as did the person who was doing seed production for me, that a plant would have all cherries, and a different plant would have all what I called mini-beefsteaks.

I asked Andrey about it and he said he got the same, and save seeds from the cherries and you get some plants with them and some with beefsteaks and save seeds from the mini-beefs and you get both kinds on different plants.

I linked to Tania's page for it but there isn't a lot of info there and the plate with the mini=beef fruits look a bit large to me, but whatever.

Tania also has a seperate page for the Mini-beef and says it's red. But both fruit forms are the same dark color, about the color of Black Cherry. I do like Black Cherry a lot but I also like Kazachka very much as well. Slightly different tastes, actually, at least for me.

In one of my recent seed offers here I was offering it, maybe it was the most recent one, and explained about the different fruit forms.

And yes, as grown by both Andrey and the person doing the seed production and me, both fruit forms are one bite fruits but fruit size can be variable, as is true with the fruits of most varieties..

Carolyn