Thread: Cali Concrete
View Single Post
Old April 20, 2017   #68
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbotomateo View Post
Should I mix in the plant tone and cover with paper now or wait til seedlings are ready to plant out.?
Picked up Neptunes harvest in San Luis Obispo. Explained how the raised beds were made to the Hydroponic guy and that I could slide a shovel handle easily thru the mix and he said I should be good to go all year. I told him I was thinking about making feed tubes from inch and one half pvc I have left over and he liked the idea. He suggested that I should scratch the Neptunes into the mix and use the tubes for water only. He also thought I shouldn't add anything for a month because the mix is good the way it is now. Later in the season he thought I may have to add the tomato tone. I easily slid the pvc 10 inches in mix and pulled a core of it out. Questions are how big do I drill the drainage holes , how many, and where? What size holes I mean.. He also says next year I'll have to add lime, especially since I used 8 cubic feet of peat moss. I guess it's to stabilize the PH. What do you guys think?. Thanks . Jimbo.
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote