View Single Post
Old January 26, 2008   #53
catwabbit
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpossible View Post
We can have these threads in forums, but basically we are preaching to the choir. The first-time-growers, not-yet-knowledgeable about heirlooms - O/P's, probably aren't on these forums yet, reading these posts!
Trust me... your "voices" are indeed being heard. Yep, I'm new to tomato growing. I've known for years about a few of the big-name heirlooms, but am just now realizing how much variety is really out there (more than I had ever imagined). Now, I'm a tireless researcher when I'm excited about something, it's always been a good part of the fun for me. I want to know about others' experiences -- the good, the bad, AND the ugly. I want to hear what you think and try some of your suggestions. Then I will make up my own mind, and tweak and fine-tune and play -- and hopefully keep approaching "better." (I don't know that I believe in perfection, which sounds a tad boring if you ask me.)

So. I researched before I found you. I read the forums before I joined. I kept on reading before I decided to write. But even if I don't say much *here*, I'm telling others about this place and what I've learned. And if even a few of them are a bit like me and are willing to do the legwork before they do the physical work, word will spread, new gardeners will become smart gardeners, and you (and members of other forums such as GW) will have been a part of that.

Now I ask you -- how cool is that?

OK... back to reading. Thanks, all!
catwabbit is offline   Reply With Quote