View Single Post
Old February 19, 2010   #6
mensplace
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieTA View Post
I did signs for all the the varieties I carried last year, with a picture, few sentences of copy, and then a very consistent block of information so that customers could easily find information for comparison among varieties (size, determinate vs. indet., days to harvest, etc.) I printed the signs on card stock, trimmed to a 4 x 6 size, and inserted the sign into a plastic picture frame that I would place in front of each variety of plants. I had really good response to the signage...and I also had two "catalogs" for customers to look through--basically, the same signage with a bit more information, placed into a binder, and organized according to color or type (i.e. paste, cherries, etc.) Honestly--I used Word to create all the signs and catalog pages. It was very easy to create the documents, just time consuming. Let me know if you have any questions! Good luck!

Julie

P.S. I do always ask my seed suppliers for permission to use their photos, both for signage and my website. They've been incredibly generous about it.
What you did was exactly what I had in mind, but stored by each variety somehow here as a resource ...whether in WORD or PDF. It seems such a silly waste of time for every member who has to create such signs and notebooks to have to redo what is so totally generic. Would love to hear from the owners and moderators if it would even be feasable.
mensplace is offline   Reply With Quote