View Single Post
Old January 28, 2013   #72
tedln

I'm amazed! Those lists make me feel like a total amateur. I grew forty two varieties last year and simply had more tomatoes to deal with than I wanted. This year, I cut my list too twenty six to reduce the amount of tomatoes. After a lot of reading and thinking, my list grew back to thirty six varieties which I've already posted. After posting the list, I determined I had to grow Dester and Italian Heirloom which were the #1 and #2 winners of the SSE taste test. Now I am back to thirty eight varieties. I'm sure when I visit my farm supply store after he gets his seedlings delivered around march 1, I will find a few varieties I'm not familiar with and my list will be back to forty two varieties or more. I guess I will need to search harder for some folks who need some free tomatoes. Since I added ten big containers to my garden, I may actually have as many as fifty varieties.

Kath,

How did your garden perform last year? I've seen the photos you posted in past years and I really do like your setup. I'm just curious if last years drought hurt you much.

Ted