View Single Post
Old August 19, 2011   #10
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Kath, I agree with you on the varying sizes. The skin also seems to be a bit thicker than Sungold. However, when allowed to get fully ripe on the vine, I did find that they can be very sweet. What I found missing was the rich tartness that comes with the sweetness of Sungold. I gave most of mine to my neice who loves to take cherries to work where all the office staff munch on them. She says she likes them, but likes Chello, Sungold, and Yellow Pear much more.

So, WOW is a "good" cherry that can compete with a lot of yellow/gold cherries. It is definitely not a spitter. The taste sensation goes a bit like this for me: Good aroma, a bit of tartness (more than Yellow Pear, but less than Sungold), then a good tomato taste that suggests good heritage, followed by a mild sugary sweetness in the finish. The skin is a bit thick, but not overly so. They keep well on the counter and even better in the cooler.

I believe that at its peak, this tomato will hold its own with the other "sweet" cherries. But, I agree with Kath that it would appear that there is still some variability in its fruit size. I had everything from sub-currant size to 1/4 oz. The shapes are mostly an elongated plum with some round globes.

Overall, it still gets a positive recommendation.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote