View Single Post
Old August 10, 2015   #10
Tropicalgrower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
The thing about growing potatoes, or other root crops, is that the soil that they were grown in has a strong influence over how they taste. Things like texture, size, shape, and cooking traits are strongly driven by genetics. Taste is strongly influenced by the soil. Before I rent a new field, I taste the soil to make sure that it tastes like something I'd like to eat.

I highly recommend Nematode's suggestion of starting out with True Potato Seeds. Growing from pollinated seeds was how I found varieties that have the traits that I value most in my garden.
Ok,I'll give it some serious thought.

It's the resistance to change thing ya know?Getting old and all that.

I need to look around at the treads on the subject,and see how long these tired old eyes can hold out. (I will start here http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=12908 )

Can anyone suggest a definitive thread on TPS care and feeding? I know zero about the subject.It seems I remember seeing a list of offerings,but I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Thx.

Trop

Edit:
Can anyone tell me how long TPS seed will remain viable after receiving?

I just skimmed over his site..mainly looking for payment options.Looks like he doesn't accept PayPal.

Last edited by Tropicalgrower; August 10, 2015 at 10:10 PM.
Tropicalgrower is offline   Reply With Quote