View Single Post
Old February 25, 2019   #2
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanus View Post
Last year I got wiped out with a disease that started as dark green spots all over the tomatoes that then turned black. There seemed to be a few more on the bottom but the tops would get them on new leaves also. Found out it could be a rose disease black spot. New never gardened area, plenty of mulch under neath. One tomato got it in the middle of the drive way. The only plant I saved I pulled under the eves. Anyone else have this or seen it. My merrygold plants got it also and some of the other flowers so not tomato specific.

My garden has started exhibiting a few different types of fungal diseases which so far only effect the tomato plants. I've always had some powdery mildew on my cucurbits. It usually is most prevalent in cool, humid weather the mildew is controllable. The tomato fungus's are more difficult to treat. This year, I will try some "Actinovate" which is supposed to be very effective on soil born fungus's. It is pretty expensive, but a little goes a long way. Since it is a biologic product, it is also very safe to use in an edible garden.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote