View Single Post
Old December 18, 2016   #176
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Hi Robert,
I wish you and your family happy and cheerful Christmas and New Year!
I wrote June 25, 2016
„Slowly begin to ripen some fruit, but only the smaller (Stupice, Sarayev I-2, ..). It's too late for me- disappointment. Next season I will have sown the determinate varieties around the December 20. In early April I will planting seedlings with nine leaves into cold frame (not like this year when I planted a small seedling only with four to five leaves). I expect the first harvest (not just individual berries) will be the beginning of June“.
I want to plant seedlings into hotbed (also into cold frame ) like this year sometime in late March. Already now I have to sow, because in my domestic conditions (17-18 ° C and short days)I am not able to grow large enough seedlings in less time.
I had to do a choice:
Sarayev Stoikyi - blossomed late and had a late ripe fruit
Sarayev Otbor 1 - plant this variety has been for me a source of infection - bacterial spot. Next year, I do not want to risk anything
Sarayev Gruntovyi- for me was the worst of the remaining six
Frame for warm greenhouses now I've put down 15 cm below the level of the surrounding terrain. At this level (- 15 cm) I will plant tomatoes. When the seedlings grow up, I pick up the frame at the ground level, to have more room for growth.
To warm up I will use horse manure and leaves with the addition of nitrate fertilizer, which will give on the bottom of the trench.
Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snímek 099.jpg (478.2 KB, 239 views)
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote