View Single Post
Old January 4, 2024   #7
herbeapuce
Tomatovillian™

Thanks to everyone for your help .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
I think you might be better off just finding a tomato better suited to a Canadian garden than the venerable but late and disease susceptible brandywine. Turns out to be an expensive plant that way.
Curious What disease are you trying to outrun with hybrid rootstock in Montreal?

KarenO
Hi KarenO, I agree with you that a better suited tomato is the way to go. specially now that I read that grafting gives almost no improvement for leaf diseases. And over here it is mostly blight that I know is killing our plants toward the end of season
still I like grafting just for the fun... I grow like 20 plants per year, mostly different species, and I like to challenge it gives me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsack View Post
I personally have little practical knowledge of grafting tomatoes, but our user here b54red used to post often about grafting tomatoes in the south for disease and may have info of use to you.
Thank you Dee, i will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJustice View Post
I am impressed that people will use Heirloom Tomato Planta in Grafting; knowing the seeds will be changing, even if it is to improve the Plants, Amen!!
I am not aware of grafting having any effect on seeds. I also believe that change is good sometimes. Regards
herbeapuce is offline   Reply With Quote