View Single Post
Old April 24, 2012   #9
brian zimmerman
Tomatovillian™

lol, as to my habits

they are planted in 5 gallon pots, they are watered every 3 days, we had a cold snap here over the past 5 days with just roten weather, lots of rain and wind.

they were fertilized with fisth / seaweed hydrox when they were planted about 2 weeks ago and i mixed in some composted chicken manure 4 days beffor that picture ( about 12 days after the fish / seaweed )

im using standered miricle grow poting soil. and as for the drainage they have far more than enough, they have about 20 holes that are about half an inch round on the sides and bottoms of the pots.

i use hydrogen peroxide in a 1 teaspoon per gallon solution every week for mold prevention on my plants, and 1 tablespoon 3 times a week for treating them if they do happen to catch somthing. i havent seen mold like this beffor but if you guys have maybe i should start treating them. ( however i havent used it on my tomatoes since they were transplanted )
(
as for the pictures im having a hard time getting a good snap of the problem because my camera is cheap and wont focus up close enough to see it.

basicly on the worst leaves just go fully limp like the leaves of realy bad store bought lettuse and the color they turn is black.

they have nice moist soil since the storms ended last night, i went down about 6 inches into the soil to see if they were drowning but they were just fine. the wilt and black leaves happend over night last night. aswell as the shiney spots.

the 6 that i have in my actual garden bed are looking the same now as the ones in the pots. i would remove the leaves that have the problem but they all have the spots on them, with the older ones starting to die.

Last edited by brian zimmerman; April 24, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
brian zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote