View Single Post
Old February 21, 2013   #6
FreyaFL
Tomatovillian™

Mikej, NICE! That is very encouraging. VERY. What variety(ies) you're showing in the pictures? From how many plants did you pick all these? They look amazing!

This will be my first summer trying tomatoes (again.) I've been summer gardening the past few years, but going with heat/humidity tolerant plants and interesting tropicals I'd never heard of before. But, of course, I really want to have some tomatoes and have such things as Everglades growing now, and have several that will be ready to plant out soon that are supposed to be more heat tolerant. (I already have 3 purple cherokees in my aquaponic system just beginning to set fruit. So happy! I LOVE this variety.)

This year I seem to have accidentally planted in three cycles. The first I planted out September (the determinates are long gone, but the indeterminates are the ones needing to be removed.) Second cycle I planted out in December (all indeterminates that have fruit, but only one is has any ripening yet.) And now February/March (mainly determinates, but a couple indeterminates.) I'm hoping the determinates will give me a lot of fruit before it gets TOO hot/humid, and that the indeterminates will take me, with random fruitings, through the summer. That would be so cool. I do realize that I'm probably already too late for these summer ones, but I'm new to this. Next year I'll be SO prepared.
FreyaFL is offline   Reply With Quote