View Single Post
Old December 9, 2017   #146
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
I think your new plants look wonderful. I don't understand your reaction. My first reaction is lots of direct light, rather than lots of ferts.

To test the wicks, leave them in place and feed them from an external source. See how long it takes to empty the source.

Use one instead of three?
Hi..Too late ? I put 1/4 cup of Yara Milli Complex in the soil in the drums and mixed it up and watered it in and patted it down at the height level I anticipated my plants would require.......This was done days before the plants arrived so hopefully it will do no harm....Yes the wicks?? well it seems as if its not straight forward as I thought it would be ...Looking at my ongoing two bottle transfers ...the wiper cloth would appear to be ideal but it wasn't ..It grabbed the water from the reservoir and emptied it so quickly I though the reservoirs had holes in them...which I have now tested ...I have another test using a Plant tying material that stretches...I initially doubled it but I thought it was gobbling up the water too fast also so now I am down to a single string 180 degrees apart (two to a drum) ...and it looks better but am I going to make the reservoir last a week ...I doubt it..maybe a single strip on one side ....As I understand the soil is a natural wick and will spread the water supplied from a single wick....Or I could cut the material up the middle ....Whatever way ...This material will do the job ...its just getting the right supply into the soil........I presume this material may be available in America...It could even come from there....I will find out.... Cheers Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote