View Single Post
Old December 27, 2017   #21
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

As I posted earlier,I did what I decided to do and called TGS today to reach Linda.

The person who first answered knew me and said long time no talk to and how are you doing, and said I know you aren't calling for seeds,you are calling for Linda,so hold on and I'll see if I can transfer you and she did.

And we had a great talk, we really did, she explained where the new owners were from and actually via some grapevine she had said she wanted to sell,interviewed several and chose these two.No I didn't ask for their names or where they were from,but she did indicate at least where they were from.

She said she didn't know where things for her would go next, but also said she would be back in the office to help the new folks when needed. And when asked who it was who first answered the phone she told me her name. And she said she would always know where she was if needed and said that yes,the staff will remain the same.There's more, but I got her laughing when I said two things. First that I guess she wouldn't be knitting hats for newborns and what a memory when I told her that I never bought seeds from her but had sent her many since she first started back in 1989.

And I asked her if she remembered the seeds I did ask her for, just once, and with no hesitation at all she said those two packs of Dr.Carolyn seeds that you needed ASAP since the summer before photography was to be done I had planted many varieties that I thought might work for the book but couldn't find the Dr.Carolyn seeds..

And I casually mentioned that her southern drawl was much better than when she first started. She had my contact info and I asked her for hers since when I sent my Lawson cards out for Xmas hers were reported back as not deliverable.

I also said I was more than willing to keep sending new varieties for trial, then she sends them to Aaron in WI for seed production,and has been more than pleased with what she gets back and Fred Hempel said the same thing.

All for now,

Carolyn, where it's biting cold and will be for the next 6 days.