View Single Post
Old February 8, 2018   #13
Black Krim
Tomatovillian™

Good to know the GH will last 3-4 season and not just the one , If packed up and put away from sunlight.

I had forgotten how easily this GH blows over. I prefer to set it up in a bathroom that gets warmth from wood stove and a window to provide some of the lighting.

IN the past, draping 3 sides with glossy parchement paper bounces the light around more. And which of the light heads back out the window. Not sure what the net gain is given growlights are also in use as the winter sun is weak ( and a north window). Considering a white shade to pull at sundown. WOuld be interesting to see if better growth by keeping shade down 24/7.....

Im tracking down resources to better organize my seedlings. Initially tomatos but also other veg. In the past when planting out seed I struggle to know where seed is, and the weeds seema lways a step ahead.

My plan is to start almost everything, letting the seedlings be 1-2-3 inches tall , then transplant into the garden. Hopefullly puts me ahead of the weeds when I can clearly see what is a weed and what is not.
Black Krim is offline   Reply With Quote