View Single Post
Old March 23, 2012   #65
Boutique Tomatoes
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Ther is no way to justify $6.00-$8.00 for shipping a envelope.I think they(seed companys)make a couple of bucks on the shipping.I myself have sent 20 pages of 8 by 11 paper with only $3.00 of stamps through the USPS(marked media mail).I just got a envelope of seeds that was no bigger than a large x-mas card and had to pay $7.95 for shipping.Learned my lesson.Is anyone out there that works for a UPS,Fedex or seed company that can chime in on this?
I suspect it is shipping AND handling. Someone has to pull the seeds, label the envelope, etc.

I do think many of them are excessive. I figure even individually filling little ziplocks from my large containers of seeds if I had everything laid out I was filling 20 SASE offers an hour when I was doing offers in the fall. If you estimate $2.95 for the cost of the packaging and postage that means at $7.95 the handling is $100 an hour.

I'm actually glad to see others hadn't gotten the Brandy Boy OP seeds. I was afraid using my business envelopes had caused my SASE to go into the junk mail, but I didn't want to ask. Now at least there is still hope!
Boutique Tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote