View Single Post
Old October 6, 2014   #56
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Yes but unfortunately they only set that fruit during about a two week period when it didnt rain every day and the temps had gone down below 90. There were about a couple hundred blossims that never set. But worth a try. My problem might have been they were too wet and you can move them in and out. I did do the electric toothbrush trick on them and on all tomato plants now. I had some beautiful plants last spring that were huge and had hundreds of blossoms and never set any fruit. Then another Floridian told me to try the electric toothbrush and below is what I ended up with on just one plant. You can buy a battery operated electric toothbrush at dollar store for somewhere between $2-$5. Ialso supplemtn with TVeggieFood then later TTF but less often than some people. I use about a tablespoon per gallon once a week. If I see any signs of BER I stop the TTF and do the calcium nitrate once a week until no more BER. I only had one swc with BER last year and that was a tub that had not gotten the lime originally. The lime had been added to the top soil at a later date but didnt do as well fighting BER.

uploadfromtaptalk1412617586160.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1412617667453.jpg

I will post a link that shows the effect in slow motion. I always start with the healthiest plants and leave any diseased plants for last. Then I scrub the toothbrush real good with soap and water so it is ready for the next day.

Ginny

Last edited by Fiishergurl; October 6, 2014 at 01:57 PM.
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote