View Single Post
Old May 31, 2021   #6
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Hi Bill and Virtex,

Thanks for the suggestions. As you can see from the photo, I put up some plastic to protect the plants from the lawn sprinkler overspray and haven't had any more the leaf problems (knock on wood!). The plants are next to a small shade house structure to the south so they're already somewhat shaded and around 4 pm or so the shade from our patio cover (to their west) starts creeping over the plants. We're under an excessive heat warning today (currently 95 but predicted to go up to 103 as per NOAA) and the cukes don't seem at all affected (so far anyway ). The Kratky tomatoes, OTOH, are not happy campers today . In addition to losing some nutrient water due to a system malfunction , they've been drinking A LOT and I've had to top off things a couple of times and need to get some shade cloth over them!

Virtex, If you don't mind saying, what general part of California are you located in?. I'm in the central valley.

Bill, Glad you got your flea beetles taken care of . I don't think I've ever had any experience with them - and don't want any .

Anne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cukes 53121.jpg (211.0 KB, 42 views)
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote