View Single Post
Old August 12, 2016   #167
b54red
Tomatovillian™

After a week of rain nearly every day even though most of it wasn't heavy the overcast damp and very humid weather is causing a bit of gray mold to show up despite the weekly application of fungicides. I went out and sprayed the diluted bleach spray yesterday afternoon when the leaves had finally dried from the rains. I will go out in a few minutes and see how bad the gray mold was this morning because it doesn't take long for the bleach spray to start shriveling infected leaves. If it looks like I had a good bit of gray mold I may spray again tomorrow with the bleach spray and if not hopefully I can get a bit of copper sprayed today for further protection. This is the beginning of the worst time of the year for GM and I have to stay vigilant and keep an eye out for LB which is more of a danger in these weather conditions and must be caught very early for any hope of stopping it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will not make an appearance this year since my fall plants are starting to set some fruit and are looking good.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote