View Single Post
Old April 18, 2020   #35
tanstaafl72555
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomzhawaii View Post
To all,
........ Be kind and remember to be humble. Aloha !!!
Aloha. I cannot imagine what being confined to an apt must be like. Though not quite "in the country" I live on the very edges of a SMALL (pop 14,000) town and have a large yard to go puttering about.

Except for having no income flow, and no place to go out to eat, and the constant barrage of "virus news" on the web (we have no TV) my life has not been so dramatically rearranged.

I admire people like yourself who can take a trying situation and not wind up strangling those around them. I especially admire your fortitude and creative genius in devising growing schemes in the midst of all this.

For a giggle, your encouragement to "be humble" brought to mind this observation from Ben Franklin on pride and humility. I got a chuckle from it.
In reality, there is, perhaps, no one of our natural passions so hard to subdue as pride. Disguise it, struggle with it, beat it down, stifle it, mortify it as much as one pleases, it is still alive, and will every now and then peep out and show itself; you will see it, perhaps, often in this history; for, even if I could conceive that I had compleatly overcome it, I should probably be proud of my humility.
best,
tans
tanstaafl72555 is offline   Reply With Quote