View Single Post
Old July 17, 2013   #9
gardenhappy
Tomatovillian™

Default Plant Swap

Hi Everyone,
After a long bout of bad health AGAIN! I'm getting back to fit as a fiddle!
Well almost! All the plants at the community garden have done wonderful .I will bring a bunch of pictures to the plant swap !!
The 3 praying hands banana trees are growing like weeds!
I have stepped down from running the community garden and am just helping with it after 1 and a half years. Health issues come to a head in May and I needed to deal with those for a few months.
The stevia plants are bushes and growing like weeds! Pictures of those to come also.
All the tomato's just thrived!!! We had them up to 9ft. on pallet stakes!AND HAD TO CUT THEM OFF AT THAT POINT.
The community was stopping in asking how on earth we we're growing our garden !
Our homemade fish emulsion worked great along with 1 time a month a side dressing of Epsom Salt and we were picking thousands of tomato's every 3 days!!!

GARDEN HAPPY'S IMPROVED HOMEMADE FISH EMULSION RECIPE

1 FIVE GALLON BUCKET WITH A LID
DRILL AT LEAST 9 HOLES INTO LID

Now put into the 5 gallon pail 1/4 dried clippings , grass, dried leaves....
then chop up mullet (10 to 15)or what ever fish into 1' pieces and throw into pail
OR 1/3 of a pail of fish tails, guts, heads

Add 1 cup Epsom Salt
1 cup of black strap molasses
then a bunch rotten bananas ,melons, any fruit not citrus(this cut's smell and )
Now fill the bucket with water to within 3'' of the top and stir mixture really well.

Put top on well to keep critters out , if fly eggs get into this ,well more protein
Now every day for 2 weeks stir 1 time a day keeping this in the shade, NOT right by your house or the next door house
After 2 weeks "cooking" strain and keep in a clean bucket with a lid with holes in it.
1 tablespoon of mixture to 1 gallon of water. YOUR PLANTS ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS!

Have a wonderful day in the garden! See ya all soon in Plantation Florida!