View Single Post
Old March 6, 2007   #12
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

This topic concerns me. Not because it is an opportunity to educate people on the use of chemicals in the garden. If that was all it was, I would support it. But it raises my suspicions when this is the fourth topic in recent history pointing people to websites warning about the use of ANY chemical in the garden. People may not be aware of organic_nut, an individual who was eventually banned from GardenWeb for outright harassing people for using daconil with statements like "Do you know you are putting poison on your food?" I'm sorry, but that is not the way to change people's minds.

I really hope that I am misconstruing intentions and that I am wrong about all this, because TomatoVille is not a place for anyone who is on a "mission" to try to convince us that there is a right way to grow tomatoes. If there were only one right way to grow tomatoes, there wouldn't be a need for a forum. We would all just buy a book and be done with it.

I choose not to use any chemicals in my garden except daconil. I am intelligent enough to read over the research and come to my own conclusions. Daconil actually has a lower toxicity than Serenade, a "certified organic alternative" to daconil which has much lower effectiveness.

I am glad that people are able to grow organically in zone 5-6 microclimates which do not have widespread fungal problems, but their solutions do not translate well to Houston and other parts of the country.

Last edited by feldon30; March 6, 2007 at 10:02 AM.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote