View Single Post
Old December 13, 2011   #18
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakelady View Post
I don't know what a lot of these taste like, but I like this webpage because it gives me perspective on relative sizes of fruits compared to others. While varieties are probably happier in some regions/areas than others, I like seeing what x size is compared to y size grown in the same area. I've never grown giant tomatoes, but next year I'd like to get a bragger or two so my neighbors stop poking fun at me

http://gianttomatoseeds.com/tomato_seeds.html
What I see are weights of various varieties grown in a specifc year in a specific place, which may not have any bearing at all for folks growing in other areas, having different soils and all the other variables involved.

When you click to DT for instructions you'll find that the person selling these seeds posts here at Tville and put up some data I think in the Member Forum.

Just look for the word Delectation, and you'll find it and what was said there about the various Bic Zac selections and also read there where lubadub, Marv Meisner, who wrote a book about growing big tomatoes, posted as well.

Just my opinion, but if you take some of the suggestions already given in this thread and grow plants for several of them in the same season, I think that's the best way to determine how big they get for you and how good the yield and taste are as grown by you where you live using the way you grow tomatoes, what your soil is like, which amendments you use and how much and the weather in any one season, etc.

Just a gentle suggestion.