View Single Post
Old July 3, 2016   #2
bower
Tomatovillian™

Hello StrongPlant and welcome to T'ville.
What nice looking tomatoes. I'm very interested in your project so be sure to keep us updated! You really are out to breed a monster "dream tomato" as everyone wants. I wish you success.
I don't spray my plants ever. Mostly growing in a greenhouse and, ideally I would provide some shelter for all my outdoor plants as well from wind and rain. But we still get leaf diseases in the greenhouse - humidity is enough for that, and different diseases if it's warm or cold... I see them every year and every plant will suffer from one disease or another by the end of season when it's too cold and dark to go on. I also see disease come up regularly on the lower leaves of the plant, when they are loaded with fruits and starting to ripen, and the answer to this is apparently nutrition - more nutrients and the plant will keep more leaves as well as its fruit and stay healthy.

So I'm not sure whether your ambition, of a plant that produces without much nutrients, and stays healthy as well, is really possible.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote