View Single Post
Old September 23, 2018   #260
roper2008
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajun Gardener View Post
These aren't Mexican but were my favorites when I lived in Norfolk.

Philly Style Steaks & Subs. They had the best Philly cheesesteaks. They actually used thin sliced ribeyes and you couldn't beat a hot off the grill sandwich.

Azalea Inn & Time Out Sports Bar was another place I loved. Best pizza and Greek/Italian food in Hampton Roads. They make everything from scratch. I could live on their Greek salad, pizza and Spanakopita.

I also ate a bunch of Cal'z while I was there. I see Duck Inn is closed now but they had awesome stuffed flounder. I can't remember eating Mexican food when I was there but I know I did.
Thanks Rajun. I haven't been to either one of those, and I've been here over 20 years
now. Is Louisiana your home state? I was born in New Orleans, but raised in Southern
Calfornia, so I have some Cajun Blood in me from my fathers side.

Worth, I remember passing through el paso on the way to California, late 80's. My
mother and I stopped at a Mexican restaurant off the 10 freeway. It was a Sunday
and lots of people at the restaurant. It was very cheap in price and the food was
delicious. The owners greeted you as you left. Very nice atmosphere. Everybody
was Mexican, including the owners. I blended right in because I'm half Honduran.
roper2008 is offline   Reply With Quote