View Single Post
Old June 5, 2021   #13
dshreter
Tomatovillian™

I went ahead with using two EZ-Flo 1010-HB units. The low pressure version could probably also work, but I picked these because they seem more durable. It is designed to connect inline with a garden hose, so I’ve simply put two of them in series ahead of my drip line. One reservoir gets Masterblend + Mag Sulfate, the other reservoir gets the Cal Nitrate. The first 1 gallon tank has 16 oz Masterblend + 8 oz Mag Sulfate, the other one is 16 oz Cal Nitrate. I set both to the same feed rate and adjust until my desired EC out of the drip system.

It seems to have worked out well so far, with a couple things that do need to be sorted. I’m assuming setting both tanks to the same feed rate is close enough, but ideally I would like to know the independent EC for the first and second to calibrate them independently. Im just measuring total EC and it’s possible the part A solution is feeding at a different rate than part B. Good enough for my purposes I think.

The second thing I’m waiting to observe is how the system gets diluted over time. I’ll have to periodically measure EC. EZ Flo says the fertilizer sinks to the bottom and the added water volume stays at the top to keep concentrations relatively even over time. This is counter to my understanding of how fully water soluble nutrients would behave though, so I expect to have to turn up the feed rate over time until it needs to be refilled.
dshreter is offline   Reply With Quote