View Single Post
Old September 18, 2020   #14
Nannon
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
Thanks Volvo.

I decided to mix a fresh bag of seed raising mix with perlite and repot half of my seedlings.
I have 2 plants of each variety, so i left 1 of each variety alone and 1 of each in a different mix to hedge my bets and see which ones grow better going forward.

If i'm going to get disappointed again i might as well experiment a little, and i'm starting more seeds as well.
If it makes you feel any better, mine NEVER go to plain either. This year I planted out a little late, which has been exacerbated by the seeds then taking up to a month to germinate! And a lot of them are helmet heads, which has slowed them growing their first set of true leaves and they look so sad, but they are still growing. I just try to remain upbeat and not let it get me down.
Last year I planted out two tomatoes at the “right” time in pots on my balcony and they did nothing but sulk all spring and summer, then produced all autumn and winter?!?! They are still going now! I’m not sure I’ll ever figure a perfect tomato growing method out.
Nannon is offline   Reply With Quote