Thread: 2009 Surprises
View Single Post
Old March 17, 2009   #11
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Tania, I did find the last of my more recent Zogola Seeds this AM, and they probably date to about 1996 or 07 b/c they'd be the ones I used for the plants used for photography in 1998. There were 17 seeds left which I packaged up along with another pack with about 30+ seeds of Gold Ball from 2002.

I addressed the envelope, put the stamp on and came here to read that Jeanne had much more recent Zogola seeds so why don't you accept her offer?

Jeanne would also know they were correct for the variety and I say that b/c I checked the Zogola listings in the 2008 and 2009 Yearbooks and everyone said RL, but someone said 4 inch ROUND reds, seeds from Sandhill. I did send both Zogola and Gold BAll to Glenn b'c he wanted all the varieties in my book that he didn't already have, and he still lists them with the correct info.

So do ask Jeanne for hers, and since I already have the stamp on the envelope I'm sending to you I'm going to go ahead and send it this AM.

For the Gold Ball ,if it were me I'd soak the seeds at least 12-18 hours, poking the seeds down to be sure they sink, and maybe adding a few drops of fish or seaweed emulsion or a pinch or so of Miracle Grow or Peters if you aren't organic. And keeping the soaking seeds warm might also help. And same for the Zogola seeds if you want to try and wake them up as well. It can be done; my record is waking up 22 yo seed.

Now, about our favorite tomato variety Couilles de Torneau.

You missed a thread started by Angelo Dornay where he was discussing his new variety Thaise, and in that thread I asked him about Couilles b'c I knew that Reinhard had gotten it from him and I got it from Reinhard.

Well, I'll let you read what was in that thread where the translation I'd been given was correct and all Angelo could do was to Ha Ha Ha his reply.

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=10546