View Single Post
Old August 31, 2007   #7
OmahaJB
Tomatovillian™

Default Siberian tomatoes

LarryD,

Just a little heads up, I bought seed for 3 varieties from Seeds Trust in the fall of 2005 and tried growing them out indoors soon after I received the seeds. One, Grushovka, produced tomatoes that were totally different than their description of it. The other two varieties did not germinate and I tried more than a few seeds of each.

I was very disappointed because I was hoping to grow great "Siberian Tomatoes" that I could save seeds from. Many varieties on their website sounded like great early tomatoes.

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy any of their seeds, just that if you do, don't expect too much from them. They may surprise you with great tomatoes that fit the descriptions on the website, but I would not count on it.

If anyone has purchased seeds from Seeds Trust fairly recently and had better fortune with them than I, please let LarryD know here. Because I may be the one person who happened to have bad luck and gotten a couple bad seed packets, while others had no problems. If that's the case, please tell us. Thanks!

Jeff

Last edited by OmahaJB; August 31, 2007 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Deletion of a word
OmahaJB is offline   Reply With Quote