View Single Post
Old February 8, 2021   #3
ClarkB
Tomatovillian™

I'm certainly no authority on the subject, but I can at least share my experience. I started my seeds a bit too early in 2020 and had about 50 tomato plants and a handful of peppers in my living room with a little sunlight and a single 150W Mars Hydro TS1000 grow light (3'x3' recommended coverage) to support them. Most of the tomatoes were in 0.7 gallon pots and were 12"-24" tall with a couple taller cherries in early May when we still had snow coming down here in upstate NY (photo is on May 8). I had the pots all on plastic bin tops and rotated 4 groups of plants on 4 hour intervals during the day giving each one the prime spot for one interval and peripheral light for the other three. I then moved the light over a 5th group for the 8 hour overnight period. There were a couple varieties that didn't thrive, but most did quite well and grew into huge, healthy plants in the garden. I had ripe cherries on 6 varieties before 7/1 after planting out around 5/18. Thinking I'll pony up for a couple more this year to avoid the shuffling. I'm sure there are other similar lights that will give similar or better growth, but I was quite happy with the results under these conditions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg May8_2020.jpg (259.0 KB, 170 views)
ClarkB is offline   Reply With Quote