View Single Post
Old February 8, 2013   #62
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Down here most of the time if you want humidity below 75% you have to go inside where it is air conditioned. I attempted grafting of about 20 plants 4 days ago and none of them have wilted over. I spent a lot of time trying to match rootstocks with scions. I had a lot of rootstocks too large to graft to the scions no mater how low the scion was cut, so I left them to get taller and hope I will be able to graft higher up on them. I fear that this will create a problem with the plants wanting to tip over. I had that problem with some of the small rootstock so I figure the
higher up you go the worse that problem will be. Maybe today or tomorrow I will give it a try and see how well it works. The ones that stood up the straightest were the ones grafted lower down on the rootstocks; but that doesn't mean they will end up being the best plants. I grafted a few just an inch above the soil line and I'm thinking there is a good chance that these will send down roots from the scion which I don't want to happen.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote