View Single Post
Old August 4, 2017   #41
VC Scott
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHeat View Post
Update::: Well what a crazy ride it's been and I still amazes me how either horrible I am as a Gardner, or how difficult this can be. So after rotating some organic sprays things got better but I realized I could not maintain that approach. I stopped a week and the mites came back with a vengence. I then decided to use Spinosad but here is where I made another mistake. I wanted to use a pump sprayer to make it easier so rinsed out my sprayer pretty well. The sprayer had been used prior with weed killer. Well apparently if thought I rinsed it very very well and pumped soapy water through the hose. I also decided to Spray younger healthy plants as a mite prevention approach. Well as you can guess it seemed to caused my plants to turn brown on certain stems and many stems to die , which I have removed.

CONFUSION:: now I don't know if the Spinosad could have caused this result, or if some residual weed killer caused it?
The bronzing of the stem in the first pic indicated tomato russet mites. Sad to say but the plant is likely toast.

Take a look an page 3 and 4 of this thread and pay attention to what b54red and ginger have to say.

Some day I might write a book about battles against tomato russet mites.

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.ph...=russet&page=3
VC Scott is offline   Reply With Quote