View Single Post
Old October 17, 2016   #26
StrongPlant
Tomatovillian™

I got 5 seeds of S.Neorickii and I planted 2.Both sprouted! They are now plantlets,I hope I can get them to maturity and harvest more seeds.

They look more or less like S.Esculentum,but are smaller.For me the most surprising thing about it was that it is sticky on touch,and has a completely different smell then you'd expect from a tomato plant.The smell is somewhat citrus-like,but a bit on the unpleasant side,the message is clear: "don't eat me".
This might mean that it posseses some bug-resistance,which would be incredibly useful to me since I had major problems with mites and stinkbugs this year.
I also managed to sprout 1 seed from S.Cheesmaniae,I'll post a picture once it's big enough so I can be 100% sure it's the right species.

Since there is very little data about S.Neorickii on the internet I'll try to make as many observations as I can and report here.

*Forgot one thing,I realize now that this thread is better placed in the "crosstalk" subforum,if moderators can move it there that would be great!

Last edited by StrongPlant; October 17, 2016 at 04:00 PM.
StrongPlant is offline   Reply With Quote