Thread: Morning Glories
View Single Post
Old March 9, 2019   #5
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

I've loved Morning Glories since I was a kid and my mother grew them on a fence and gate. They make gorgeous flowers. In a tomato seed trade a few years ago, a very nice lady included some morning glory seeds in the envelope. I let them sit in my seed bin for a couple of years and decided to try them in my garden on the garden fence as my mother did. They were beautiful, but they took over some tomato plants in containers near them. I kept cutting them back in hopes they would stay on the fence and leave my garden plants alone.

The first fall frost took care of what had become my beautiful morning glory problem. They returned in force when spring arrived the following year. I had forgotten how much seed they produce. I've tried to eliminate them from the garden for about three years but some of that original seed must have buried itself really deep in the soil. I'm expecting more to germinate this spring. I will keep fighting to free my garden from those beautiful morning glory's..

Everything has it's time and it's place, but a vegetable garden is not the place for morning glory's.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote