View Single Post
Old June 17, 2016   #11
Shapshftr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
Glad I asked about the staples. Haven't used something like that before. Know what to look for now. Thanks for the link.

I like your idea of using the L brackets. I was looking at the dowel part and wondered if I was coordinated to do that part. L brackets I can do for sure.

I am not the most coordinated person. Is there a trick to adding the panels without having the new one fall and break the plants underneath or do you put all the different heights on at the beginning?
You're welcome. Just be careful of your fingers. I hit mine a lot with the hammer while holding the staples. If you're not coordinated you might want to use a pliers to hold the staples while you smack them with the hammer, LOL.

No trick really to adding them. I just have a helper to help guide them into place on one side, while holding them vertically, and resting them on the rope. Then they slowly lower it down horizontal while I gently help the leaves through the squares. You could just make it easy and set them all before the plants reach that height. And as for using the L brackets to rest them on, I think I would also tie them somehow to the posts to prevent them falling off in high winds. In order for the L bracket option to be feasible, you would have to get the posts set the exact right distance apart. With the ropes I don't have to worry. They can have a couple extra inches of space between them and the posts, and they just sway a little bit on the ropes.
Shapshftr is offline   Reply With Quote