View Single Post
Old February 7, 2015   #3
bitterwort
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, Cole. I'm not excited about the spending that kind of money either (although it is available direct from the manufacturer for somewhat less), but feel obligated to provide a somewhat stylish solution for the neighbors since they'll be looking at it year round instead of just a couple months in the spring. Believe me, I'd love space for a big high tunnel and the garden space to go with it! Unfortunately, we're in a small lot in the city. We don't have any more space we could use and figure something prefab might help fit neighbors' expectations. Our temporary, plastic-covered one (8x8) has held up to a foot or more of snow in the past, even without sloping sides, but the replacement covers are no longer available and the second cover hit its UV-limit last year and started to leak when the structure was full of tomato seedlings. (Thanks for translating the snow-load numbers.) So, we're mostly wondering whether anyone here has personal experience dealing with this manufacturer and model.