View Single Post
Old February 11, 2010   #23
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenbar View Post
Same here...Husband reports there was little interest in the "green when ripe" or the yellows. Carolyn, if you browse this, do you know if "Zapotec" is different than "Zapotec Pleated"?
I just answered your PM on that and yes, they should be the same.

About Sierra Leone. I don't have my 2010 yearbook here in the back room, I'm still in the process of memorizing all the blurbs, ahem, but if that was listed by JK from MT then I know it b'c she sent me seeds and I grew it last summer. I didn't get enough seeds to list but you seem to be mentioning it as a stuffer, and it sure wasn't for me. it was a large red, meaty beefsteak with excellent taste.

I went the stuffer route many years ago and grew even more when I was selling to restaurants, but the chef's and I agreed that most of them were fibrous in nature and it was better to just grow a regular non-stuffer, scoop out the inside and be able to eat the whole thing without that sometimes tough cell wall,

I just remembered that Jeanne had sent seeds of Sierra Leone to Tania as well so here's her description and she does say for her it was semi-hollow, but it sure wasn't for me.

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Sierra_Leone