View Single Post
Old April 15, 2019   #8
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstar View Post
My pepper seedlings are doing well and all have true leaves and my tomato seedlings are doing well both were bottom watered this morning and by this Thur. or Fri. will be needeing more watering. But this time around I'd like to give them some liquid fertilizer this time, I have Alaska liquid fish fertilizer (5-1-1) and directions say 2 tsp per qt. for indoor plants. So should I cut that in to just 1tsp per qt. or is the mix weak enough to use 2tsp per qt.? Thanks for your input.

I have used fish emulsion for many years in containers, on seedlings and in the garden and I have never measured it. The first time you put it on seedlings you need it to be weak. Sorta cloudy but you can still see through it.

The seedlings react the most the first time you use it so go light the first time. If you ever apply too much and the seedlings wilt just flush with fresh water and put in the shade and in a few hours they will pop right back up.

As you go you can start mixing it stronger. As far as the smell, it is not really that bad. Bad smells include wet drying fingernail polish, bleach, spray underarm deodorants and so on. Fish emulsion smell won't hurt you, some of these products can. I'd rather smell emulsion 24 hours a day than smell either one of them for 5 minutes
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote