View Single Post
Old March 29, 2012   #35
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewste View Post
The kind of "L" bracket I am thinking about is the type used for shelving. I would look for the longest ones available (18 inches minimum), then use the wire rope clips in 2 places to attach it to the cage. In fact, I would probably use a pair of brackets on each long side of the EB spaced apart near each corner, which would give you even greater stability in the wind.

Raybo

EDIT: I just noticed in picture #9 that you have the casters on. I would definitely remove them, as they make it easier for the EB to tip with your cage loaded with fruit. You want as stable a base as possible.
I like your "L" bracket idea.

The wheels have to stay on the box because when we get a real cold front and high winds I have to move said box into the screen area and close it up. If you notice in the pic I have 4 SWP made of 5 gallon buckets and those are on wheeled plant holders too. I can't lift the buckets so the wheels make it easier to move them into the screen closure much easier. I haven't had a problem yet of them being knocked over so I think I will be ok. I am not far(1/2 mile or so) from the intercoastal waterway and we get lots of high wind gusts here, but those "Northers" really beat things up real good.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote