View Single Post
Old July 22, 2023   #11
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

Nice garlic, very nice. After I pulled mine last week or so I went through most of the box of year old small stuff and roasted it...great way to use up the leftovers.

Cuostralee is still my favorite, though this year, all still green. I had about...45-55? total plants out in one double row and cuostralee got the prime spot for the first third of one side. But as you say, weird weather, we had a May17th frost that killed some of my transplants even though they were under AG19 row cover. And just a generally cool and dry May and I did not get a chance to remove that row cover and get the trellis up when I should have. So most of my Cuostralee, instead of being single/double stemmed, ended up a lot more bushy and out of tight control. So we will see. But in general Cuostralee is a really nice colored, big Red tomato for slicing that taste as good as they come. The big three for me the last few years are Cuostralee, Sweet Ozark Orange, and Stump of the World, and they are sharing the morning sun side of that double row.

That is the cuostralees there (pic 7/19), and I lost control of them quite early when the ground finally warmed up and they took off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19.JPG (377.8 KB, 259 views)
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote