Thread: Pole Limas
View Single Post
Old September 16, 2007   #15
Gimme3
Tomatovillian™

ShellyBean....i never quit thinkin or learnin on Sieva and Willow Leafs...)))they are a plant cv i jus caint quit ever tryin to perfect, an they teach one....every season...))) it never ends.

if u ponder...what ...its natural home must be like (Guatemala)...growin it...when u see it turn Happy...makes ya think...of the natural habitat/conditions...that it evolved to thrive in.

This season...im learnin once again...lol...and now i know...it really likes water, and a temperate climate...not extreme heat coupled w/drought. My Willow Leafs are expressing total coverage, awesome vine growth, once our temps here jus got back to bein reasonable an we got a little rain. Pod set was absent thru-out our extreme,... AWFUL august, but its gettin strong now. I kinda think this...the blooms get sterile in high heat,...and...for reasons yet unknown but troubling ...there is a dire lack of busy pollinating insects...maybe August hurt them bad, too. Any ways, tho, here come the Home-stretch run, an its lookin up...)))

Its a lima worth all the learnin...))) One day...we gon get it Rite !...))) (Dont be thinkin dry , left in the field cornstalks will sufficiently trellis it...they wont ...))) But dead tomato growin areas will, an it sho benefits late season tomatos, here, as a canopy.