View Single Post
Old July 10, 2014   #140
ChrisK
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the update. You're on your way to creating your own unique family line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuk50 View Post
I have EB and RKN's in my garden and all plants of JxGZ have shown strong resistance to both of these. I prefer the oval shape red with gold stripes. It is most productive and will be the variety I use for drying. The yellow one has gold stripes that are very faint, but are there. It is a typical yellow tomato taste .. bland. I also will be using these as my root stock for grafting. I used a few this year and these are great in my garden.
The yellow one has very few seeds, but is too juicy for me to use it as a paste or drying variety. The round one is simply not productive enough to use. The oval shaped one has very thick walls and a good taste with good production.
I also grew three JxSR this year and again ber on all early fruit and some EB problems. I won't be using this variety anymore.

Ignorance more frequently begets knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --Charles Darwin
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote