View Single Post
Old September 4, 2020   #14
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whwoz View Post
Could well be the case GoDawgs. Just been trying to get a handle on your daily temps at this time of year and from what I can see your maximums are fairly consistent with long term averages being not much lower than daily maximums, coupled with high humidity.

From what I see I get temps that can be 20 to 25F higher than your maximums in your hottest months, but then we get a cold front come through and drop the temperature significantly. This cycle can run over a two week period, sometimes a bit longer, sometimes a bit shorter but temps will peak at anything upto 110F but then drop to maximums in the mid 60F range, sometimes even lower. Our humidity is generally low and with combinations of 100plusF and 10% humidity, the plants love it as long as the ground under them has plenty of water in it.
Yes, our max July-Sep averages in the low 90's, sprinkled with 7-10 day streaks of 97-100. Average summer lows are around 71, humidity in the 50-70% range. It doesn't really start cooling off until November-Feb when highs cool down to mid 60's, lows average around 40 and a few cold snaps in the upper 20's-low 30's. come visit.

I think I'm going to plant the three rhubarb plants in a 15 gal bucket, maybe all three in one and if they survive, repot them each to their own bucket.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote