View Single Post
Old August 4, 2015   #83
Nematode
Tomatovillian™

Default Mexican Chicken Lime Soup

Mexican chicken lime soup
originally from epicurious with my mods
This is a year round favorite but is.especially yummy when the garden is in full swing.
Very quick to make and sooo yummy summery. If you are quick with the knife 15 minutes is possible!

INGREDIENTS

2 tablespoons olive oil
6 garlic cloves, sliced
6 small skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
(Sometimes I just get one of those rotisserie.chickens from the store.and.pick it)
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
9 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1lemon
crushed tortilla chips
2 avocados, peeled, pitted, diced
3 tomatoes, chopped
3 green onions, sliced
Chopped fresh cilantro
Minced jalapeño chilies
Lime slices

PREPARATION

Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and stir 20 seconds. Add chicken and oregano to pot; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté 3 minutes. Add broth and lemon and lime juice and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.

I just chop the fresh ingredients, put them in little bowls, or their own zone on the cutting board, and let everyone make the soup to their liking.

Divide crushed tortilla chips among 6 bowls. Ladle soup into bowls. Top soup with avocados, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro and jalapeños. Garnish with lime slices and serve
Nematode is offline   Reply With Quote