View Single Post
Old June 29, 2012   #1
janezee
Tomatovillian™

Default Raised bed on legs finally (almost) finished

Well, I still have to finish attaching the netting to the conduit, and I guess I'll trim the landscape cloth to look neater, and I still have to move the cucumbers and plant some lettuce, but other than that, I'm done with my mom's garden. She's pretty limited in what she can do to her yard, since she lives in a senior housing community, so I had to build something that wasn't in the way of the mowers and not dig up the ground, so this was my solution. I think I'll build her a platform for the tomatoes so the weed whackers won't eat up the netting.

I have to say that I'm pretty proud of my first wood working project (other than raised beds on the ground) since I made a stool in shop. I designed it myself, and built two. Mine will have lettuce and spinach in it, because the slugs eat it all in the ground.

The dimensions are 23"x36"x12", and the legs are 24". The bottom of the box is 1/2" hardware cloth. I covered it with landscape fabric and cardboard.

Coolest part is that I learned to bend conduit, inspired by RebelRidin' George's raised beds and trellises. Thanks!

janezee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0844.jpg (288.7 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0847.jpg (388.2 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0854.jpg (327.7 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0855.jpg (309.1 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0857.JPG (566.7 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0858.jpg (466.1 KB, 133 views)
janezee is offline   Reply With Quote