View Single Post
Old August 21, 2022   #421
eyolf
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whwoz View Post
Eyolf, thanks for the informative comments and spelling correction. Will note that down.

Have heard about Martin's Super Roma, but had not seen a size reference or photo. Bigger than most of the Roma's grown down under, would be interested in seeing how it grows down here sometime.
I can't say my spelling is correct. Only that that's what was penned on the envelope.

On the internet, there are two varieties with variations of that name. One is a striped globe that looks like Tigerella, maybe a bit larger, and one is a striped paste.

I was pleased to know I got the paste variety. I have two other striped snack-sized globes this year.

We home-can tomatoes, and I prefer dense paste-types for sauces. My loving bride loves big blemish-free globes because they process easily. We agree on a few jars of yellow tomatoes for soups: they don't color the soup but add flavor.

Send me a message in a month or so, and I'll mail a few seeds of Martin's. Because I don't know your country's import restrictions it will just be a few in a foil-decorated greeting card.

Sent from my motorola edge using Tapatalk